I obtained my Bachelor of Education (Sarjana Pendidikan, [S.Pd.]) in Indonesian Language Education Department, Teacher Training & Education Faculty, Sebelas Maret University in 2011. I continued my Master of Education (Magister Pendidian [M.Pd.]) from Indonesian Language Education Department, Postgraduate Program, Sebelas Maret University in 2013 under Prof. Andayani, M.Pd. and Dr. Budhi Setiawan, M.Pd.
At UPGRIS, currently, I teach undergraduate courses at Program Studi Pendidikan Bahasa dan Sastra Indonesia (Indonesian Language Educational Department)—Progdi PBSI, Fakultas Pendidikan Bahasa dan Seni (Art and Language Faculty), UPGRIS. Beside teaching, I also research several topics around the immense benefits of Indonesian language (Bahasa Indonesia) and its educational methodology.
I teach and doing a research mostly about Indonesian language. I have specialization on language teaching, evaluation & measurement, language educational research methodology, and Statistical analysis in social & language studies.
I also interest in development and deployment of open-source machine learning (A.I.) for Indonesian evaluations & measurement. I have an enthusiasm about Woebot by the researchers (lead by Prof. Andrew Ng) in Stanford University. The future is all about A.I. (machine learning, deep learning, some more), and sure the language evaluation started from a simply chatbot.
In free times, I enjoy use BSD Unix family and Linux-based kernel system on a daily basis. For more than a decade, I use several Free/Libre & Open-Source Software (FLOSS) products. I involved with the open-source community projects, such as: KDE, Slackware Linux, and Wikimedia Indonesia.
If you interest about and/or play with, doing the similar research interest (currently specify for machine learning implementation on language teaching & evaluation or similar stuffs), or even any further questions, do not hesitate to visit Indonesia, please let me know.
Best wishes & warm regards,
Latif Anshori Kurniawan
Academic History & Professional Experience
- Service to Professional Organization
- Journal Editorial Board
- Conference and Workshop Organizing Committee
- Conference Program Committee
- Journal and Grant Proposal Reviewer
- Invited Talks and Tutorial
- Volunteer at Conferences
- Graduate Students (Research)
- Former Students
- Exchange and Visiting Students
- Undergraduate Students
- Budhi Insight
- Dr. Muhammad Rohmadi, S.S., M.Hum.
- Arief Rahmawan, M.Pd.
- Sa’bani, S.Pd.
- M.Pd. (M.Ed. in Indonesian), Progdi PBI PPs-FKIP UNS Surakarta, Indonesia (2013)
- S.Pd. (B.Ed. in Indonesian), Progdi PBSI FKIP UNS Surakarta, Indonesia (2011)
- SMA Negeri 1 Karanganyar, Indonesia (2005)
Editorial Board Member
- Assistant Editor, SASINDO (Journal of Progdi PBSI FPBS UPGRIS), 2016—2017
- Editor-in-Chief, SASINDO (2018—present)
- Associate Editor, Yuma Pustaka Publisher (Subsidiary of CV Yuma Perkasa Group), 2010
- Lecturer at Progdi PBSI FPBS UPGRIS (2015—present)
- Lecturing assistant at Progdi PBSI FPBS IKIP-Universitas PGRI Semarang (2013–2015)
- Assist Teaching Lecturer, UNS Surakarta (2010—2011)
- Teaching assistant for Indonesian Language subject at SMA Negeri 1 Surakarta (2009)
- Assistant Librarian at Faculty Library of FKIP UNS Surakarta (2009)
- Editing assistant at LKS publisher, subsidiary of CV Putra Graha Surakarta (2008)
- Scholarship for UNS talented students by BRI Branch of Surakarta (2009)
- Top 10 winners of Lomba Karya Tulis Mahasiswa (LKTM), co-writer with Sa’bani (2008)
- The 1st winner for Lomba Karya Tulis Mahasiswa (LKTM) at UNS, co-writer with Sa’bani (2007)